Tuesday 4 October 2011

Blink-182's Travis Barker: 'I am considering hypnotherapy so I can fly again'

Blink-182's Travis Barker has revealed he is considering hypnotherapy to overcome his fear of flying following a plane crash in 2008, which claimed the lives of his two friends.

The drummer suffered severe burns after he stumbled out of a blazing jet which burst into flames after failing to take-off in South Carolina, and he spent months in recovery.

He still refuses to fly anywhere and admits his phobia has become a big problem in his professional life. "Unfortunately I can't do as much touring as I would like because I don't fly," he said. "It's an obstacle. I'm working on it though.

"I'm trying to get hypnotised, trying to talk to a doctor who retrains your brain. Maybe he'll help me fly again one day."

The sticksman also admitted that the accident made him more health conscious and it helped him overcome a painkiller addiction.

He told Rolling Stone: "I run every day now. I never ran before. In the hospital, I promised myself that if I ever walked again, that I would eat well and swim every day."

Barker went on: "I've been vegan since I got out of the hospital... and before the plane crash, I was battling a painkiller addiction. For years.

"I can proudly say I didn't even take any pain medication after I got out of the hospital. They told me I'd be on some of the medicine for the rest of my life, but I got off all of them. They made me a completely different person."
http://www.nme.com/news/blink-182/59558

No comments:

Post a Comment